


© NSFShepard
Token - Praha (Petřínská rozhledna) ND
Brass | 12 g | 30 mm |
Location | Czech Republic |
---|---|
Type | Medals › Souvenir medallions |
Composition | Brass |
Weight | 12 g |
Diameter | 30 mm |
Thickness | 2 mm |
Shape | Round |
Technique | Milled |
Orientation | Medal alignment ↑↑ |
Updated | 2024-11-12 |
Numista | N#139345 |
---|---|
Rarity index | 85% |
Reverse
Picture of the Prague Castle taken from the Charles bridge.
Script: Latin
Lettering: PRAHA
Translation: Prague
Edge
Plain
Comment
A five times smaller copy of the Eiffel Tower was built in an incredibly short period of four months in 1891. It is made up of a light eight-beam truss steel structure that consumes 175 tons of iron. The eight arms of the structure were embedded in the massive stone blocks at the top of the octagon, the diagonal measuring 20 meters. The road to the top has 299 steps to the viewing cabin at an altitude of 51 meters, the total height of the tower is 60 meters. Interesting are two spiral staircases running around the tube with an elevatorPoints of Interest: The 60-meter high observation tower has 299 steps.
One of the main dominant of Prague is Petřín lookout tower. This is one of our most famous look-outs. Besides, our eye does not miss a certain resemblance to the Eiffel Tower in Paris. However, her builders from the Club of Czech Tourists Mr. Eiffel at the World Exhibition in Paris inspired and decided to create a similar monumental structure - of course, within the limits of the available financial means. The beginning of the work on Petrin peak dates back to March 16, 1891. The construction of a lookout tower, stairs and lift were built. The construction itself is very interesting: the assemblers assembled it in just four months! But they are not surprised - they have been extremely skilled today. For example, the rivets by which the constructions were joined together, the builders warmed on the ground in the tongs, and then threw them on the tower, who were skillfully snapped by the pliers. At the same time, a well-known funicular from Ringhoffer was built on top of Petrin. The whole building was officially handed over to the public on 2 August 1891. Later, it served not only as a destination for tourists, but also at its top were the antennas. It was not even accessible for a long time in the second half of the last century. So it's no surprise that he signed it. Then, in 2000, the extensive reconstruction of the 175-ton tower started by Excon. Two years later, the dominance of the capital was successfully made available to the public.