


© smy77 (CC BY-NC-SA)
Erpeldange - Café Stebens-Muller ND
Aluminium | 1.4 g | - |
Location | Luxembourg |
---|---|
Type | Business tokens › Restaurant, bar, cafe and hotel tokens |
Years | 1940-1949 |
Composition | Aluminium |
Weight | 1.4 g |
Size | 23.7 mm |
Thickness | 1.2 mm |
Shape | Square with rounded corners |
Technique | Milled |
Orientation | Medal alignment ↑↑ |
Demonetized | Yes |
Updated | 2024-11-13 |
Numista | N#296007 |
---|---|
Rarity index | 97% |
Reverse
Swill mug, anepigraph
Edge
Plain
Comment
The establishment was initially run jointly by the Jean Stebens-Muller couple. Following Jean Stebens' death on March 3, 1940, the café was taken over by his widow Marianne Muller until 1963. The building, located at 8, route de Mondorf in Erpeldange (Remich), until recently bore the sign "Café Stebens".This is the only token issued for this establishment.
Weiller type token no. 13, from an undetermined intermediary house, minted at the Fisch & Cie workshop in Brussels between 1918 and 1949.
Given that the token bears the name Stebens et Muller, it can be assumed that it was struck after the death of Jean Stebens. It should therefore have been issued between 1940 and 1949.