


© Wilson Roberto Vasques Nunes
Token - Casa da Moeda do Brasil Casa dos Contos - Ouro Preto
2004 yearAluminium | 2.1 g | 24.5 mm |
Location | Brazil |
---|---|
Type | Medals › Souvenir medallions |
Year | 2004 |
Composition | Aluminium |
Weight | 2.1 g |
Diameter | 24.5 mm |
Thickness | 1.6 mm |
Shape | Round |
Technique | Milled |
Orientation | Medal alignment ↑↑ |
Updated | 2024-11-12 |
Numista | N#130688 |
---|---|
Rarity index | 90% |
Reverse
Embossed edge.
Around the border, in the upper half circle, the caption CASA DA MOEDA DO BRASIL, and in the lower half circle the date of 2004.
In the center, surrounded by a continuous circle, the logo of the Casa da Moeda do Brasil.
Script: Latin
Lettering:
CASA DA MOEDA DO BRASIL
2004
Edge
Plain
Comment
Casa dos Contos, one of the most prestigious monuments of Minas Gerais Baroque, is located in Ouro Preto, MG. Built between 1782 and 1784, it initially served as residence to João Rodrigues de Macedo, owner of the house, and House of Contracts, of the collection of Tax Receipt of Receipts and Dízimas. At the same time, it served as a hiding place for the members of the Inconfidência Mineira. During the repression of the Inconfidência Mineira, the house served to accommodate the viceroy's troops, and imprisonment for the inconfidentes with high social titles. In 1792, Macedo, in great debt with Real Fazenda, transferred the house to this one, that transformed it into seat of the administration and public accounting of the Captaincy of Minas Gerais and changed its name to House of the Tales. Between 1820 and 1844, the house was enlarged, incorporating to House of the Tales the House of Gold Casting and the House of the Currency, to be able to exercise the function of Secretary of the Treasury in the same place occupied by the National Treasure. In the year of 1897, while the monument received several modifications, the house happened to be occupied by the Post Office and the Caixa Economica. In 1970, the City Hall occupied the building. Finally, in 1973, the Ministry of Finance took over the property once again and transformed it into a Center for the Study of the Gold Cycle, in order to show the economic and fiscal history of the Gold Cycle. After the Ministry of Finance took over the place and transformed it into a museum, several historical collections were filmed, photographed and written, with the objective of making them available for research and elaboration of works on the Gold Cycle, the history of Minas Gerais and of Brazil.https://pt.wikipedia.org/wiki/Museu_Casa_dos_Contos