


© smy77 (CC BY-NC-SA)
Leudelange - Café Zum Docter ND
Aluminium | 1.75 g | - |
Location | Luxembourg |
---|---|
Type | Business tokens › Restaurant, bar, cafe and hotel tokens |
Years | 1920-1939 |
Composition | Aluminium |
Weight | 1.75 g |
Size | 26.4 mm |
Thickness | 1.2 mm |
Shape | Square with rounded corners |
Technique | Milled |
Orientation | Medal alignment ↑↑ |
Demonetized | Yes |
Updated | 2024-11-13 |
Numista | N#295398 |
---|---|
Rarity index | 97% |
Reverse
Pansy mug surrounded by the legend, grenetis
Script: Latin
Lettering:
ADAM LENNIG
LUXEMBOURG
Edge
Plain
Comment
The "Zum Docter" establishment at 2, rue de Cessange in Leudelange was owned by Mr. Jean-Pierre Folschette from 1898 until his death in 1924. The café was then run by his widow Marie Scheltgen. R. Weiller mentions that she managed the café until June 14, 1948. This cannot be correct, as Marie Scheltgen died on November 6, 1947 at the age of 80. The café had a large hall that was used by orchestras, theater groups, meetings and auctions.This token was minted at the Fisch & Co workshop in Brussels, probably between 1920 and 1939.
Three other tokens were issued for this establishment; curiously, the name of the café on these tokens was written with a "K" (Doktor).
Two of these tokens are not listed in R. Weiller's works.
The establishment no longer exists today, but a residence was built there in 2008-2009, bearing the name "Résidence Beim Dokter".